Friday, October 31, 2008

Wonderful Fall

I love this time of year. Pumpkins, leaves, candy corn, cold-but-not-too-cold weather. I am dressing up as a ladybug tonight. I know, it's kind of juvenile, but I want to. Plus, I'm tired of girls using Halloween as an excuse to wear next to nothing. So, in protest, I'm covering up as much skin as I possibly can. Anyway...
We are going to a Haunted House. I'm excited, because there is something thrilling about being scared. I hope it's fun and not lame. Sometimes things in little towns like this can be hyped up and turn out to be the most boring part of your life that you have ever experienced. Like the local festival in the spring here, which everyone said it would be SO fun, but in truth, every booth sold the same items and my cell phone was stolen by a bunch of punk high school kids. oh well. I'm sure it will be a good time.
I am putting a picture up with this post that I took in Kansas City at Worlds of Fun. Rachel, Alyssa, and Shannon were riding a ride, and I was waiting for them because I felt like I was going to throw up. That has never happened to me when riding roller coasters, but it did on that trip. Which was sad, but I was secretly glad because I got to sit under a tree with yellow leaves and think and it was fun. We also ate caramel apples there, and I felt really autumn-y. Except the caramel on mine was about ten inches thick and it was hard to eat. But luckily Shannon will eat anything I don't want, so she just ate all the extra caramel and I got to eat the sour green apple. Yum.

No comments: