Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Alone Time

I just want to have a place where I can be alone. I know this sounds so weird, but I need to be alone sometimes. I am an introvert, which means I get my energy from being alone. When you live in a dorm, you are never alone. Except for when you take a shower. Even then, you aren't really alone, because there are people in the bathroom drying their hair, or brushing their teeth. But then, when I do get alone time, sometimes I get too lonely. I don't know. I just want it to be summer. But then I don't want it to be summer, because then it means that I will be a student teacher and I won't be in college for much longer. And I love college. So you see my problem.

3 comments:

Shannon Wheeler said...

we are the same. Have you taken the Meyers Briggs test? Have we talked about this before? I am so the same way. I want to be alone because people drain me, then I get alone for a while and I freak out. I really want someone to go on a walk with because I absolutely can't go for a walk by myself, but everyone is in class or working... or taking the GMAT. Boo. If we were together, I would give you some alone time, and then we would go for a walk. I'm an INFP. Punch me if we've talked about this before. Take the test if we haven't talked about it before.

Angela said...

INFJ, that's what I am. But sometimes I'm an ENFJ, which means that sometimes I'm introvert and sometimes extrovert. Makes sense.
I'm sorry that you never get alone time. And I'm sorry you and shannon freak out with too much alone time. :) I can handle buttloads of alone time, but eventually I freak out too and text my roommate Alisha. I really do prefer being with a like-minded friend over being alone. I used to be more of a loner, but not so much anymore. I don't know why I'm going into this, ha. Shannon needs to be able to go on walks by herself though. :)

Christine said...

Let me tell you, it's hard to find that balance of aloneness. I know what you mean about ENFJ. When the circumstances call for it, I can be outgoing too. But not very often.