Monday, February 16, 2009

What kind of news is this?

Today in Public Speaking, my professor was talking about being up to date on current events. I fully agree with this. I feel like many people of my generation are completely clueless about what goes on in the world, and they only care about what they read in a magazine or watch on mtv. No one thinks for themselves anymore. Anyway, I realized that I don't watch the news enough, so I turned it on tonight. And what do I see? Clips of an angry woman from youtube, a Nascar driver crying because he won some race, and an over-analysis of an upcoming Arkansas Razorbacks basketball game. Great, they just revealed that they will be talking about Barbie Doll's 50th anniversary. Really? I think I just lost brain cells watching this. From now on, I will watch CNN or visit the New York Times online.

1 comment:

Shannon Wheeler said...

i had a professor tell me that if i kept watching the news instead of reading it, i would be a dumbass and a moron for the rest of my life... except for cspan. he said it's all to get viewers, and hardly correct when it comes to politics.