Sunday, September 13, 2009

I'll Miss College

This is my favorite time of year. The weather was chilly today, and it was kind of misty/rainy weather. This is my favorite kind of weather, and I love listening to Imogen Heap even more when it's like that. For some reason, her voice goes really well with rainy weather. Anyway, Rachel and I went over to our friend Grace's house for dinner tonight. She made tomato and mushroom quiche, and it was really good.
I just love the fact that when you are in college, your world revolves around people. School, too, but college is great because school isn't really what you stay focused on all the time. The people you meet and form relationships with are the best part.
I also love my independence in college. For example, yesterday. Yesterday was one of the best days I have had in a long time. I had to go to Fayetteville to the U of A to take a test (to make sure I am competent enough to teach English). That part wasn't the greatest, but after that I went to the mall and just shopped a little to give my mind a break, and then I went to Starbucks to grade papers and drink a marble mocha macchiato. Try to say that three times fast. I was shaking from the amount of caffeine by the time I finished it. So I drank water. That's not the point though. The point is that I love my alone time, and I need to do that more often. There was something about it that was so refreshing-different about going places alone than, say, being at my apartment alone. Hopefully that refreshing feeling will last all week, since I am facing unenthusiastic high school students every day.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Christine, I hope everything is going well for you with your student teaching and everthing this semester! Take care girl! Molly