Sunday, January 18, 2009

A New Semester....

I'm trying to work on a lot of things this semester. One of them being keeping up with my blog. I realize that I only post about once every month, and I need to write more. I'm also making more of an effort in my quiet time with God. I feel like I let my spiritual relationship slide last semester, and I got so preoccupied with the craziness of school that I didn't fully realize how far down I had gone. I've always had a struggle with the quiet time thing, and I know now, as I have been doing it consistently, that it makes such a huge difference. I'm not saying that if you don't have quiet time every day that you are horrible or anything, but it is so important. At least to me. Because I realize what I have been missing. I want so much to be doing what he wants me to do, and I want to know him more and in the best possible way that I can. He just needs to come first for me, and that has not been the case. Anyway...
I'm also trying to be more positive. I feel like I complain about stupid stuff and let things affect me and get to me, and I don't want to be like that. I have been focusing on that, and having that mindset has helped a lot too.
Classes have started again, and I am pretty unsure about them so far. I just don't know what to expect, which is also kind of exciting. I am having trouble wanting to do homework. I have been doing everything I can but homework. So in light of that, I am now going to read Redeeming Love, which my friend Rachel recommended and new roommate Kristen just lent me to read. So goodbye for now.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Sounds like a good plan Stine@

Grace said...

that is supposed to be a !. sorry.